Friday, October 1, 2010

Blogtoberfest: What does this month mean to me?

So when I saw Blogtoberfest, there was one main reason to sign up - to encourage myself to blog more. I started this blog as a place to document my creative pursuits, particularly sewing, and also to connect with other creative people in the blogosphere. I thought that "the whole blogging thing" was pretty straight forward but there's a few things that I've found trickier than I expected:

  • Finding the time / remembering to post things.
  • Having interesting things to blog about.
  • Learning about the ins and outs of blogging (like adding pages, formatting text etc... - I just learnt how to get the bullets working in this post!). Still need to find a way to customise the background and my banner.
  • Remembering to take photos to make my posts more interesting.


So, this is what I plan to do for my first blogtoberfest:

  1. Blog every day :o)
  2. Design a mini SWAP (Sewing With A Plan) or 6-Pack wardrobe of 6 pieces, to help fill some of the immediate gaps in my wardrobe. Then complete a minimum of 2 pieces in October. The biggest gap right know is knit tops, so that is where I'm going to start. More detail to come ...
  3. Host a giveaway
  4. Complete my Lady Grey coat as a part of Gertie's Sew-Along

Some useful links I found about blogging 101:
http://momswhoblog.blogspot.com/
http://bloggerfordummies.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Eat no chocolate? Gasp!!! Good luck though. I should commit to no diet cola. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know it's going to be a challenge but that's half the fun :o)

    ReplyDelete